Saturday, September 12, 2009

“Week One Blog Entry"

I am 37 years old. I work for a company as a Program Analyst, but Sociology has always been my favorite subject. I am from Middle East and since I left my country when I was 30 years old, I have a lot of experience with that culture. I have participated in activities about women’s and children’s right in my home country. I really enjoy the opportunity of freedom of thinking and speech here in the Unites States. Since I have a passion about sociology and the opportunity of great schools and references here in the U.S., I felt I should start studying it academically, possibly pursuing sociology as a career goal. I would like to continue my education in sociology and become a helpful sociologist. That is like a dream to me and would make me feel very useful. That does not mean I don’t like my current job. My background and education helps me understand systems and interrelationships of systems, statistics and probability, and management theories. I hope my background helps me to achieve this goal. The Sociology class structure is very interesting and I like the fact that all students are in touch with each other and can read each other’s ideas. This is very encouraging!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think it is very cool that you helped with women's and children's rights...How do you like it here in the United States? Do you go to visit your previous home very often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw in your profile that your favorite book is The Unbearable Lightness of Being - I love that book too! Have you read any of his others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kristin, I really like it here because I have lots of opportunity to do my favorit activities... I have gone backto my other country 4 times during past 6 yeras but it is pretty expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christin, I really like his novels... I have red "Life is elsewhere" and "immorality" and I am watching the move "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" with Juliette Binoche who is a great french actor.... they are all great.... Have you red his other books? if so do you recomend them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I didn't know there was a movie of it, I'll have to watch it sometime. I've read a few others of his, I liked 'Ignorance' and 'Identity' especially. :)

    ReplyDelete